Guru Elite

Re: Regular complaints of getting disconnected coming in from students

@tnorton7@liberty.edu wrote:

Hey Colin, That makes sense to me as of right now we are still using the default ARM profiles on a lot of our AP groups. In terms of 20 meg channels I agree with you there. We have been working to move away from 40 mhz channels in our dense enviorments but have yet to make the change. Ron is planning on coming out the 19th and that is one of the areas i wanted to get his input on. We will do some reading up on what changes need to be made in this area and coordinate with you guys. Thanks for the input! 

tnorton7,

You can go to 20mhz channels without any issues, because all clients support 20mhz channels.  You also gain 5 channels in the process and reduce your interference footprint.  The power of your access points is also crucial because many, many performance and disconnection issues have too high or too lower power at the root of those issues.  

Everyone on this thread should first check the range of their power on their access points (12 to 18 range) to ensure that they are not creating or contributing to their issues.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars