06-22-2015 08:37 AM
So as some of you may have been reading here on the Higher Education boards, I am trying to twerk out my WIFI, get this right, make people happy and set the universe into balance for our environment. That being said I have been testing on a single building and have set the recommendations up as per a PDF that was linked to me in another thread.
Things seem to be good for Laptops/notebooks and tablets. Smart phones though (iPhone/Android) now have issues. Those issues being that they get nowhere on the wireless. Like that great kids toy from the '70s, they just Sit'n'Spin and never go anywhere.
- verified DHCP and all address/DNS information is correct on the devices
- tried statically assigning a smart phone, no difference
- verified that the devices are getting on the correct VLAN for their ROLE (this is a dot1x secure environment)
- verified that their authentication via ClearPass is correct and users are authenticating properly
- confirmed that Darth Vader is indeed Luke's father
- verified the quality of the physical wireless connections
- no ton of retransmits or anything of that nature
- SNR looks good
- have tested in multiple locations throughout the building and confirmed that its not happening on just a single AP (environment is a mix of AP93s, 105s and 225s)
So I could use some help here gang on what/where to troubleshoot next...
Network+ | CWDP | CWNA | CWTS | ACSP | ACMP | ACMA | BREC
Solved! Go to Solution.