Developer

last person joined: 5 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

AOS-CX Ansible Role in Galaxy!

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  AOS-CX Ansible Role in Galaxy!

Posted Aug 16, 2019 02:40 PM

AOS-CX Ansible Role is now available for download in Ansible Galaxy! Roles are compatible with AOS-CX 10.3 release and allow to configure interfaces, vlans, Access-Control Lists and so much more!

Check out our AOS-CX Ansible Role on Galaxy today!

https://galaxy.ansible.com/arubanetworks/aoscx_role

• 2.  RE: AOS-CX Ansible Role in Galaxy!

Posted Nov 12, 2019 11:49 AM

Hi Tiffany!

I am trying to test the Ansible module for CX in my lab with the 10.04 OVA, but I have a hard time to get the basic connection to work.

I installed a clean, new Ubuntu 18.04LTS host, followed the instructions of the other article (https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Developer-Community/How-to-Install-Ansible-and-Aruba-Ansible-Modules-on-Ubuntu-18-04/m-p/555488)

But when I try the basic L3 port or the vlan config example, the play shows an error. When I run it with the verbose option, I get this error output:

An exception occurred during task execution. To see the full traceback, use -vvv. The error was: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'has_key'
    fatal: [sw-access1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "module_stderr": "Traceback (most recent call last):\
      File \"/home/labadmin/.ansible/tmp/ansible-local-10451VX2f6D/ansible-tmp-1573554454.14-69301531100280/AnsiballZ_aoscx_vlan.py\", line 102, in <module>
    _ansiballz_main() File \"/home/labadmin/.ansible/tmp/ansible-local-10451VX2f6D/ansible-tmp-1573554454.14-69301531100280/AnsiballZ_aoscx_vlan.py\", line 94, in _ansiballz_main
    invoke_module(zipped_mod, temp_path, ANSIBALLZ_PARAMS) File \"/home/labadmin/.ansible/tmp/ansible-local-10451VX2f6D/ansible-tmp-1573554454.14-69301531100280/AnsiballZ_aoscx_vlan.py\", line 40, in invoke_module runpy.run_module(mod_name='ansible.modules.aoscx_vlan', init_globals=None, run_name='__main__', alter_sys=False)
    File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py\", line 192, in run_module fname, loader, pkg_name) File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py\", line 72, in _run_code exec code in run_globals File \"/tmp/ansible_aoscx_vlan_payload_CU2cXY/ansible_aoscx_vlan_payload.zip/ansible/modules/aoscx_vlan.py\", line 146, in <module> File \"/tmp/ansible_aoscx_vlan_payload_CU2cXY/ansible_aoscx_vlan_payload.zip/ansible/modules/aoscx_vlan.py\", line 106, in main File \"/tmp/ansible_aoscx_vlan_payload_CU2cXY/ansible_aoscx_vlan_payload.zip/ansible/module_utils/aoscx_vlan.py\", line 29, in create_vlan AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'has_key' ", "module_stdout": "", "msg": "MODULE FAILURE See stdout/stderr for the exact error", "rc": 1}

I ran a tcpdump and ansible is not even attempting to connect to the target system, so something seems wrong with my local installation.

I downloaded the cx role from Ansible Galaxy.

Any clues on what I'm missing?

• 3.  RE: AOS-CX Ansible Role in Galaxy!

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 13, 2019 05:32 AM

Hi Peter,

I think, it will be better to open a new topic for this

look a issue when install the role, do you have try to reinstall ?

• 4.  RE: AOS-CX Ansible Role in Galaxy!

Posted Nov 13, 2019 05:47 AM

ok, I will make a new topic, thank you.