Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Some host names do not show up in dashboard

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Some host names do not show up in dashboard

Posted May 11, 2022 11:12 PM
    Hi,

In local web management dashboard for controllerless, few host names don't show up. And I checked that device, already configured for host name. The environment is AP505 with OS 8.9.0 in single cluster. Any suggestion or solution, please advise.

------------------------------
    Lee.Sarawut

• 2.  RE: Some host names do not show up in dashboard

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 12, 2022 02:25 AM
    are these users that show up as MAC addresses use Guest authenticated through captive portal and/or MAC authenticated?
    if thats the case then you can configure your Radius server to send the username as an IETF radius attribute.
    for ClearPass it would be this one below.
    Radius:IETF User-Name=%{Endpoint:Username}.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Some host names do not show up in dashboard

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 12, 2022 10:18 AM
    The client would have to be sending their hostname via dhcp option 12 for the hostname to be displayed.  If the client is using a static ip address or does not send the hostname via dhcp option 12 that field would not be populated.  The only exception would be if the client authenticated via captive portal or 802.1x, for example and then the username would be displayed in that fashion.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 4.  RE: Some host names do not show up in dashboard

Posted May 13, 2022 08:43 AM
    Thank all of you. I'll proceed your solution. Noted: in my environment, there's no ClearPass. Just simple PSK.

Lee.Sarawut-----------------------------

• 5.  RE: Some host names do not show up in dashboard

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2022 07:07 PM
    since this is PSK based, then as Collin mentioned the clients should  use dhcp option 12 for the hostname to be displayed.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.