Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh network understanding

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  Mesh network understanding

Posted Apr 20, 2022 03:58 AM
    Hi.

I have over 10 access point 3xx series (303,375,377). All AP have latest and same firmware - 
    ArubaOS (MODEL: 375), Version 8.9.0.2
    ArubaOS (MODEL: 377), Version 8.9.0.2
    ArubaOS (MODEL: 303), Version 8.9.0.2
    AP added to virtual controller, all AP up and worked well fine.
    On virtual controller created two Wi-Fi networks - WORK (vlan 101) and Guest (vlan 106) with PSK key, ip address in this vlan assigned internal router. 
    configuration on switch to port AP:

RT-1#sh running-config interface gi10

interface gigabitethernet10
    description ----WI-FI---
    switchport trunk allowed vlan add 101,106
    switchport trunk native vlan 100

I need connect one AP by mesh technology, but i dont know can as correctly. Some video in youtube speaks - create backbone network with psk key, disconnect AP and all worked ok. But this not worked for me.

Can you teake some instructions for me ? 

------------------------------
    Igor Trushin

• 2.  RE: Mesh network understanding

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 20, 2022 05:44 AM
    You should not need to create a backbone network with Instant, you do need to make sure 'extended SSID' is disabled. One additional point of attention when using a mix of indoor and outdoor APs is that your mesh portal must be on the same 5GHz channel as your mesh point, and in many countries in the world the preferred indoor channels (36-48, non-DFS) are not allowed outdoors. So if you have an indoor AP as mesh portal, make sure it is on a channel that is allowed outdoor if your mesh point is an outdoor AP.

If the portal and mesh are on the same type of APs, this should not be an issue. It may be good to work with your Aruba partner, or Aruba support to get a proper design.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Mesh network understanding

Posted Apr 20, 2022 06:11 AM
    extended SSID is disabled.

its true?  - 
    1) no any additional configuraton on ap and virtual controller, cli and etc.
    2) i can unplug AP and plug AP in POE injector. AP starts in mesh mode.

Igor Trushin