Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP505 - Connection problem with an old Wireless card (Intel Wireless-N 720)

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  IAP505 - Connection problem with an old Wireless card (Intel Wireless-N 720)

Posted Apr 29, 2022 09:41 AM
    Hello,
    We have a mixed AP cluster composed of IAP275, 305 and 505 terminals in version 8.6.0.3

The client tells me that PCs with an Intel Wireless-N 720 card do not see the SSIDs broadcast by the IAP505 terminals.
    These Wireless cards only doing a/g/n, is there a particular configuration to bring to the PC so that these can work?

(the client tells me that he sees the SSIDs broadcast by the neighbors so the cards are "functional"...).

Thanks in advance for any ideas you could send me :)

Laetitia.

------------------------------
    Laetitia LAROUANNE

• 2.  RE: IAP505 - Connection problem with an old Wireless card (Intel Wireless-N 720)

Posted May 02, 2022 01:49 AM

Hi Laetitia,

Try to update the Intel firmware otherwise disable 802.11ax (Wifi 6)

Gerber van Beek

• 3.  RE: IAP505 - Connection problem with an old Wireless card (Intel Wireless-N 720)

Posted May 02, 2022 03:07 AM
    Hello,
    Thank you for your reply.

The client told us that he had already updated the drivers for the Wireless card.

Should we disable 802.11ax on the cluster or simply on the terminals IAP505 where the PCs connect?
    How do I disable 802.11ax?

thank you for your reply

Laetitia LAROUANNE

• 4.  RE: IAP505 - Connection problem with an old Wireless card (Intel Wireless-N 720)

Posted May 02, 2022 04:12 AM

Hello,

I don't know exact what Intel firmware versions are affected, but there is a bug in the older Intel versions.
    Had a customer with the same issues when the 500 series were launched, disabling 802.11ax was a temporary solution until all the client firmware was updated.

You can unselect the 802.11 option "Very high efficient" for the cluster and check the affected clients.

The older APs do not have 802.11ax on board so this option do not affect those APs.

Gerber van Beek