Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to configure Single SSID With Different Vlan ID

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  How to configure Single SSID With Different Vlan ID

Posted Apr 25, 2022 10:46 AM
    Hi. 
    Support,,
    I am new in Aruba controller 7010, just finish installed on-site ,my customer have diffrent vlan id at every floor ,L1-vlan id-15, L2-Vlan id =16 ,L3,vlan id =17 and L4 vlan id=18, I already configure SSID =Staff@Wifi, on site have 4 Access Point For Every Level so I group ap by level 1,2.3,4 The problem is when i try to tagg vlan id 15 in virtual ap (Ap Profile)  the rest of the floor AP Group Follow also carry vlan 15, so only 1st.Floor can get ip address ,the other Level failed caused Tagg on diffrent Vlan ID.. Our Customer POE Switch is Aruba 2930 Poe 2SFP.  how do I need to solve the problem.

Thanks In Advance...

------------------------------
    Mohd Fakri Bin Ramli

• 2.  RE: How to configure Single SSID With Different Vlan ID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2022 10:07 AM
    Is it possible to re-engineer the network so that it no longer uses a VLAN per level? Aruba has recommended Single VLAN architecture which you can read about here:

Tech Brief:
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/tg/TB_SingleVLAN.pdf

Comprehensive Design Guide:
    https://community.arubanetworks.com/viewdocument/?DocumentKey=adb3dd43-7244-4ba6-8cdb-43799cd99fd2&CommunityKey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&tab=librarydocuments

• 3.  RE: How to configure Single SSID With Different Vlan ID

Posted May 10, 2022 12:34 PM
    If you must do it that way you may use diferent groups and vaps per floor so you can assign a different vlan when the devices coonect.

But it'd be recommended to use the single vlan architecture that ProbeRequest suggested

Hope this helps

Ulises Cazares