Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP303 on a Virtual Controller version 207

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  AP303 on a Virtual Controller version 207

Posted May 10, 2022 01:39 PM
    Hi, 
    We have recently taken over an exisitng network and we are having trouble with the aruba wireless access points they have onsite. 

We are able to access the virtual controller that is on an AP207 and we can see the 3 207 access points they have throughout the building. However we are not able to see the AP303-RW's they have.

We have factory reset the 303's and still they are not showing up. I have read that they can be converted to IAP but I cant see where I would do that. 

Also I cant find out where I would download the latest firmware for the 207's as we are not able to use the portal to connect to the internet as it is blocked. 

Looking at the About info we see this:

Name:
    Aruba Operating System Software
    Type:
    Build Time:
    2017-10-19 19:10:26 PDT (build 61959) by p4build
    Version:

Any help would be great because this is driving us bonkers!

------------------------------
    Neil Wilkie

• 2.  RE: AP303 on a Virtual Controller version 207

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 10, 2022 06:36 PM
    If you don't have a valid support contract, you can use the 'limited lifetime warranty' and download the 'factory' image for the AP model.
    You can download the lifetime warranty firmware without a login. In order to do that, search for 'factory image' on ASP: https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads;search=factory;products=Aruba%20Access%20Points

The lifetime warranty does provide access to 'stable' firmware. For access to any firmware, an active support contract is needed.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.