Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

HP 1920G Delete VLAN Interface1 or change VLAN INTERFACE IP freeze management web.

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  HP 1920G Delete VLAN Interface1 or change VLAN INTERFACE IP freeze management web.

Posted Jan 11, 2022 10:09 AM
    Hi, 
    I have a HP 1920G-24G-POE (JG926A). Recently we changed our subnet schema and we add more VLAN. In this plan we add new VLAN 600 to manage all network devices. So, now we have two IP where we can manage the device. Our goal is delete VLAN1 which is no longer used or at least, indicate an IP like 192.168.25.12/31. When we did this the switch go on working fine but the web gui, console cli crash. No more pings to the administrative IP (VLAN1 and VLAN600). We upgrade to last firware but it happens the same. I don't know if it is an issue of this model or it is something corrupted in my switch. Any idea how to solve this problem?

thank you

------------------------------
    Roger

• 2.  RE: HP 1920G Delete VLAN Interface1 or change VLAN INTERFACE IP freeze management web.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2022 10:59 AM
    Many switches don't like VLAN1 to be removed. I typically leave it as the default VLAN, but don't use it for devices, don't put interfaces in it, etc, as I keep the best practice not to use VLAN1.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: HP 1920G Delete VLAN Interface1 or change VLAN INTERFACE IP freeze management web.

Posted Jan 11, 2022 11:12 AM
    Thanks for your feedback. No problem to keep VLAN1 unused with no VLAN INTERFACE. The question is that currently I cannot do this operation because each time I delete vlan-interface1, or modify the IP, or try to remove the IP or just set administration mode to DOWN the switch management crash and I have to reboot switch again.

I want to try to download configuration file, modify this information and upload it again. Then I will try to reboot switch again. I am not sure if this approach is ok or it is not recommended.

Thank you

Roger

• 4.  RE: HP 1920G Delete VLAN Interface1 or change VLAN INTERFACE IP freeze management web.

Posted Apr 20, 2022 11:45 AM

Hello Roger:

Same problem as you, I have solved creating a new Static Route under IPv4 Routing (IP: 0.0.0.0 / Mask: 0.0.0.0 / Next Hop: Your_Vlan600_GTW)

Hope this helps.

Eric Prohias

Eric Prohias