Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

problem of compatibility between HP2530 and ubiquity switch

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  problem of compatibility between HP2530 and ubiquity switch

Posted Apr 20, 2022 11:42 AM
    Hi! I need to connect an HP2530-48G (J9775A) to a Ubiquity Switch pro (USW Pro). I have connected them using SFP port using the right transceiver gigabit module on HP (compatible HPE J4858A / J4858B / J4858C / J4858D). So the two switches are now connected. But I cannot do working vlans well. I've used the SFP port on HP as trunk tagging it with vlan id that I use in USW. VLAN1 is untagged on SFP port and on the ports that I use to connect AP ubiquity devices. SFP port on USW is set to All.
    But I think there is a problem of compatibility for vlans. I've done a scheme of my network to better understanding.

Should I enable 802.1q on HP?
    Thanks.

• 2.  RE: problem of compatibility between HP2530 and ubiquity switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 04, 2022 10:35 AM
    Trunk on ArubaOS-SW is what some other switches call Port Channel, bundling multiple ports to a single logical port. Tagging/untagging is unrelated to that.

By adding port 20&51 untagged to VLAN 1, and VLANs 2200/2400 tagged to port 51, you already enabled 802.1q. On other switches that would be called: switchport mode trunk, trunk native-vlan 1, trunk allowed vlan 2200,2400.

With the config above, there are no ports on the switch assigned to VLAN 2200,2400, just the uplink ports. If the APs need to have access to (tagged) those VLANs, you should add port 20 tagged to both VLAN 2200 and 2400.

Assuming the USW device supports LLDP, you could run 'show lldp info remote' to see if the switch on the other side is detected and you link is operational.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------