Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

2530/2540 and PowerOverEthernet client problem...

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  2530/2540 and PowerOverEthernet client problem...

Posted Nov 08, 2019 04:26 AM

Hello,

I have problem with few PoE+ powered equiplments (one is Birddog Eyes P200 PTZ camera) which refuses to startup with standard port configuration. If I add "poe-allocated-by value" and "poe-value 20" to switch port equipment starts & works just normal and it draws only <18W from switch.

I tested to have "power-over-ethernet pre-std-detect..." configuration which have no effect to this problem.

Also this P200 camera works well with PoE-injectors and other passive gear so what is wrong with equipment when it acts like this? What does it missing? What does that "poe-allocated-by value" actually do? 

Manufacturer's claims that there is issues in switch or it's configuration but I strongly disagree...

• 2.  RE: 2530/2540 and PowerOverEthernet client problem...

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 12, 2019 04:05 AM

Hi,

Do you have open a issue on TAC ?

• 3.  RE: 2530/2540 and PowerOverEthernet client problem...

Posted Nov 12, 2019 04:45 AM
    No I have not open ticket to TAC because I’m pretty sure that this issue is in camera rather than switch...

I just try to figure out what can be wrong in camera firmware which causes switch to deny poe+ from connected camera if port does not have ”poe-allocated-by value” configuration in connecting ports...

• 4.  RE: 2530/2540 and PowerOverEthernet client problem...

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 12, 2019 10:08 AM

TAC can help you for found what it is wrong with PoE

• 5.  RE: 2530/2540 and PowerOverEthernet client problem...

Posted Aug 01, 2022 01:39 PM
    The issue is that the Birddog cameras only support the initial hardware POE detection. They don't then negotiate the additional power requirement with the switch as per the standard