Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2930f switch Firmware validation error

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2930f switch Firmware validation error

Posted Apr 27, 2022 07:31 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Team,
    I am getting a Firmware validation error when I am trying to update my 2930f switch from version:-WC.16.07.0003  into version:-WC.16.10.0003.

can anyone please help me with this issue?

Thanks 
    Sanjib Behera

------------------------------
    sanjib behera

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2930f switch Firmware validation error

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 27, 2022 12:24 PM
    Hi, have you tried to upgrade from WC.16.07.0003 to WC.16.10.0020 (latest of WC.16.10 software branch) instead? apart from the ArubaOS-Switch software (if download to the Flash memory area will be correctly executed and flashing will be OK) it's totally possible that the Switch BootROM will require to be upgraded to (it happens automatically and the Switch will reboot twice autonomously).

Davide Poletto

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2930f switch Firmware validation error

Posted Apr 28, 2022 05:20 AM
    No, i did not try to upgrade it to the latest of the WC.16.10 software branch instead of i tried to upgrade to the WC.16.10.0003 version.

sanjib behera

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2930f switch Firmware validation error

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 28, 2022 07:35 AM
    Why? why you tried that (old) specific software build only? what is the reason for a similar choice?