Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2530 virtual stack upgrade

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2530 virtual stack upgrade

Posted May 17, 2022 01:00 PM
    Hello all,

I'd like to update two Aruba 2530 stacked switches but I'm not sure how to proceed as it's not a "real" stack.

Do I have to update the firmware of the commander only and it will be pushed and synchronized with the member one or do I have to update each switch separatly ?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2530 virtual stack upgrade

MVP GURU
    Posted May 17, 2022 06:22 PM
    Hello David, the Aruba 2530 Switch series doesn't support "Virtual Stacking" and so what you're referring to is "Stacking for Management (purposes, I add)". In that scenario an Aruba 2530 Switch acts as "Commander" and all connected others are "Members", IMHO you should be able to push the relevant ArubaOS-Switch OS updates independently to each one Switch being part the Stack for Management (purposes).

------------------------------
    Davide Poletto

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2530 virtual stack upgrade

Posted May 18, 2022 11:58 AM
    Hello Davide,

Yes, this is exactly what I'm refering to.
    In this configuration, should we start upgrading the Commander or the member first ?

Thank you.

David

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2530 virtual stack upgrade

MVP GURU
    Posted May 18, 2022 04:06 PM
    Hi David, while I never played with such of a "Stack for Management (purposes)" scenario with those switch series, I strongly believe that - exactly because the relationship between the Commander and other Members is just setup for management purposes (and there isn't a virtual stacking) - you should be free to start the software update on whatever member you want.

Davide Poletto

• 5.  RE: Aruba 2530 virtual stack upgrade

Posted May 20, 2022 10:12 AM
    Hello,

Thank you.
    I'll try to upgrade the switches next week.

Dazni