SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

VPNC Tunneled Node termination

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  VPNC Tunneled Node termination

Posted Oct 11, 2020 03:34 PM

Does anyone know if tunneled-node (i.e. Dynamic Segmentation / Per-user tunneled node) from AOS switches is supported on controllers running in an SD-Branch VPNC group?

The following command would suggest it does?

(VPNC) *#show tunneled-node config

Tunneled node Server:Enabled

• 2.  RE: VPNC Tunneled Node termination
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 11, 2020 04:28 PM
    Yes it is supported

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 3.  RE: VPNC Tunneled Node termination

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2020 06:37 AM
    Just out of curiosity, what is your use case behind that question?

------------------------------
    Oliver Wehrli
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: VPNC Tunneled Node termination

Posted Nov 03, 2020 05:12 PM
    With Central 2.5.2 you can use the GUI to configure port based tunneling with 2930F and other supported AOS-S switches (I think 3810 and maybe even 5400 series?). So for our new branches we will definitely get 2930F as they're half the price of 6300F. So far we haven't seen any benefits with 6300F even though we just 300 pieces or so (though only few have been installed so far).

I hope Aruba would come up with better reasoning why 6300F is better in real life, and not just "but it supports NAE..." as the price point is 2x compared to 2930F :)