SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 6 days ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

Micro Branch with single port APs

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Micro Branch with single port APs

Posted Nov 22, 2020 11:55 AM
    Hi, I setup a lab Micro Branch scenario with an IAP-325 and it is working well. Today I tried to add a second Micro Branch site with an IAP-305, but clients do not get a DHCP address from the AP. I reviewed the SD-WAN from scratch videos and I noticed that a wired related to the VLAN used for Distributed L3 DHCP is configured, which couldn't be possible for the IAP-305 (or any other AP with a single Ethernet port).

My question is, are single port APs excluded from being used in a Micro Branch deployment?

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    Abdel Castro Perpuli

• 2.  RE: Micro Branch with single port APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2020 05:14 PM
    AP-305s  are supported in the micro-branch deployment.
    check this recently updated guide, see the section on forwarding modes
    https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads/documents/RmlsZTo5MDJhNTZlZS02ZDdlLTExZWEtYjkxZi1iN2RmYWY0MmEyMmY%3D

regards

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Micro Branch with single port APs

Posted Nov 24, 2020 05:20 PM
    Hi, thank you for your comments, I've just tested and came to the conclusion that the AP (any AP) needs to connect via the IAP-VPN tunnel to the VPNC at least once in order to enable DL3 scope.

Initially the VPNC was offline, but now the AP works as expected even if rebooted or isolated from the VPNC.

Abdel Castro Perpuli