View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Setting up 2 VLAN on a 1930 switch behind the same router

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Setting up 2 VLAN on a 1930 switch behind the same router

Posted Mar 15, 2022 10:35 AM
    Hello.

My customer bought a 1930 switch to put behind a Draytek router. What he intends to have:

- Ports 1-29: his default LAN, using 192.168.1.x . In port 1 it is connected to ethernet cable that is in the port 1 of the Draytek
        - Ports 30-48: create a VLAN using range 10.10.10.x

I have set up the ports 30-48 to be tagged to VLAN 2. On other hand, I have enabled VID 2 in the Draytek router.

I have tried:
        - Having only one cable connected between the switch and the router, the computer that are connected, eg, in port 30 is unable to get the IP and navigate
        - I tried to connect a second cable in Port 2 of the Draytek and in Port 30 of the switch and I assigned VID 2 to Port 2 of the router. Doing this, all the network stopped working.includin the computers that are connected until the port 29 of the switch.

I don't know how can I solve this. 

Thanks for your time.

------------------------------
    Charles Chapman

• 2.  RE: Setting up 2 VLAN on a 1930 switch behind the same router

Posted Aug 09, 2022 07:39 AM
    Hello! Did you manage to solve this issue? I'm about to deploy a draytek 2915 with aruba 1830 switch and I''ve started worrying after I saw your message..!!

• 3.  RE: Setting up 2 VLAN on a 1930 switch behind the same router

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2022 08:20 AM
    What are you worried about? 1830 and 1930 are completely different switches.

If you understand VLAN, tagged/untagged and spanning tree, you should be good. That is where the original message seems to have a problem.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: Setting up 2 VLAN on a 1930 switch behind the same router

Posted Aug 11, 2022 03:47 AM
    Yes I understand and I ve set up millions of vlans, with many vendors I was just worried if it might be  any vlan incompatibility between these vendors (draytek Aruba) , some years ago I had problem with vlan tagging and untagging with zyxel router and other vendors. I don't think that it will have issues

• 5.  RE: Setting up 2 VLAN on a 1930 switch behind the same router

Posted Aug 10, 2022 11:37 PM
    hi..
    don't put another cable for the vlan uplink..

did you setup the dhcp server in your draytek router? for the subnet of your vlan?

who is responsible for routing?

thankyou

• 6.  RE: Setting up 2 VLAN on a 1930 switch behind the same router

Posted Aug 10, 2022 11:42 PM
    tag port 30-48 (vlan2) to your uplink port1