Developer

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Tools for making the frame/packet bitfield graphic tables

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Tools for making the frame/packet bitfield graphic tables

Posted Feb 16, 2022 11:47 AM
    Not sure if there is a better community to post this in, but I wager the developers would be the most likely to know.

What do we call those graphics/tables which show the bitfields of our frames and packets - the ones we are so familiar with in all of our network training books?  I can't find a name..

Secondly, are there any tools people know of to make them?  I am wanting to represent wireless frames from captures, and other frames/packets as well.  Recreating them in Visio or Excel is an option, but tedious and not a workflow I believe would be useful for troubleshooting/teaching/documentation.

Examples: (more like the first one, or where a single frame is shown on multiple lines with lines of equal byte-lengths)

Many thanks!

------------------------------
    Ryan Higgins

• 2.  RE: Tools for making the frame/packet bitfield graphic tables

Posted Feb 16, 2022 11:55 AM
    I am hoping there is something that can take a pcap and generate some form of these outputs (text, png, svg, etc), hopefully using python to do so.  I've looked into PlantUML to do it manually, but would love to integrate with Scapy and produce these outputs.

Ryan Higgins

• 3.  RE: Tools for making the frame/packet bitfield graphic tables

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 17, 2022 06:14 AM
    On Wireshark (from release 3.4) you can use Packet Diagram (on Apperance => Layout)

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281