Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Cleanup Interval - Meaning of "last seen"

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Cleanup Interval - Meaning of "last seen"

Posted Apr 05, 2022 07:11 AM

Hi everybody,

I noticed that in 6.10 the behavior of Cleanup Interval settings configured in "Administration > Server Manager > Server Configuration > Cluster-Wide Parameters" were changed to:
    Could somebody explain what exactly is the meaning of "last seen"?

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Jonatan Sitter

• 2.  RE: Cleanup Interval - Meaning of "last seen"

MVP
    Posted Apr 26, 2022 10:19 AM
    This is a guess, but I believe it would be either last authentication, last profiling, or last scan if doing network discovery scanning. I would assume it would be tied to the "last profiled at" timestamp. I checked a few devices that I had seen today and the timestamp is from today.

Michael Haring

• 3.  RE: Cleanup Interval - Meaning of "last seen"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 04, 2022 09:07 AM
    From what I found it seems to be 'all of the above' and more. The Last Seen is supposed to be updated by the following events of an endpoint:
    Endpoint is added or updated using UI/API/import
    After any policy evaluation completes for an endpoint (Authentication)
    During post auth entity update
    Onguard, MDM, Guest Onboarding and Social login updates

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.