Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).

Error 8949 - VIA Client Authorization to Windows NPS w/ MFA Extension

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Error 8949 - VIA Client Authorization to Windows NPS w/ MFA Extension

Posted May 06, 2022 01:12 PM
    Hello,

Not sure if this is correct community but I have been attempting to get VPN working with Authorization using a Windows NPS server with the Azure AD MFA Extension installed.

VPN is running through an Aruba Central Managed 9004 Gateway,  I have successfully made a VPN connection using Push Notification but more often then not the connection fails with the Error 8949 message.  I would say 2 and every 10 attempts are successful,  maybe less than that even. 

I am just not sure where to start with diagnostics on a random error like this,  it is was not working at all it would be a different problem but clearly my NPS server is setup correctly, but the VIA client or the gateway is not accepting the response or something.

Are the any guides for getting this setup?  the only one I have found is for setting up Duo. 

MFA is coming via Microsoft Authentication App,  Push notification

Any Tips or Advice would be helpful.

Thanks