Security

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clear Pass self-registration page configure specific field

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Clear Pass self-registration page configure specific field

Posted May 10, 2022 01:39 PM
      |   view attached
    Hello.

I would like to know where the "Need an account? Click Here" field is so I can modify it.

Thank you very much.
    Greetings

------------------------------
    Gonzalo Morales

• 2.  RE: Clear Pass self-registration page configure specific field

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 10, 2022 07:12 PM
    "Need an account" is not a field. it should be in the Footer HTML of that weblogin page.
    it just has a href link to the self rego page.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Clear Pass self-registration page configure specific field

Posted May 19, 2022 04:50 AM
      |   view attached
    Thank you aryap for the information.

Sorry for the delay in answering.
    I just found the place where the "Need an account? Click Here" field references.
    But when I delete that field or change it to another, the same one still appears.
    The specific field is in "Advanced Editor"/login page (screen2).
    Is there a way to force it? I've tried restarting the CP and it's still the same. Version is: 6.9.7

Regads.

Gonzalo Morales

• 4.  RE: Clear Pass self-registration page configure specific field

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 20, 2022 10:16 AM
    You mean that if you change the content of 'Pie HTML' in your screenshot, and save changes, then go back it reverts to the original code?

That is really unexpected. If you still see the message on your client (but config is changed correct), make sure the client is not using cached contents (clear browser cache in that case) and that you are actually using the page that you changed as there may be multiple different pages in ClearPass and you may have changed another page.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Clear Pass self-registration page configure specific field

Posted May 20, 2022 11:03 AM
    Thank for the information Herman.

I have finally solved it.

It seems that the problem is in the translation of the text, as soon as you enable the "Skip automatic translation handling" option, it allows you to modify the field, put what you want or leave it blank.

Thank you very much everyone for the help.
    Greetings

Gonzalo Morales