Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Clearpass Onguard license

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Aruba Clearpass Onguard license

Posted Sep 27, 2022 09:39 AM
    Hi,

I have a Clearpass deployment with 1000 NL Access license. Now customer want to purchase 100 Onguard license to deploy with existing appliance. 

My concern is that, 1000 Access license and 100 Onguard license can be apply with same appliance.

Best Regards 

Shohidul

• 2.  RE: Aruba Clearpass Onguard license

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 28, 2022 07:11 AM
    What is the concern? OnGuard Licenses will only be consumed as the OnGuard agent gets installed on a device. Access Licenses still work in conjunction with the other licenses. For instance, a client that is authenticating against ClearPass will use an access license for its session, and if they have the OnGuard agent installed it will use an OnGuard license. Another user can have no OnGuard agent installed and can authenticate against ClearPass while only consuming one Access license for the session.

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Aruba Clearpass Onguard license

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2022 06:46 PM
    dont worry, there should not be concerns by applying 1000 Access license and 100 Onguard license on the  same appliance.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.