last person joined: 2 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

PIIX3 Chipset Limit

This thread has been viewed 57 times
  • 1.  PIIX3 Chipset Limit

Posted Nov 04, 2021 12:30 PM
      |   view attached
    Hello,

I am trying to do a lab which uses 9 interfaces.

On GNS3, I right click the device then configure. On the network tab I change the adapters to 9 then get the following messages:

The configured PIIX3 chipset limits the VM to 8 network adapters. The chipset can be changed outside GNS3 in the VirtualBox VM Settings.

I went to the settings for the VirtualBox VM (the one that is linked) and tried to change the adapter, but each one I tried came back with the same error. Is there a certain adapter I should be using?

• 2.  RE: PIIX3 Chipset Limit

Posted Nov 05, 2021 12:24 PM
    I decided to work on the VSX Lab, Part 1 first because that is something I am wanting to set up. In the Lab Setup, it uses interfaces 1/1/8 and 1/1/9. 

I have downloaded all the files, but I have no idea what to do with the zip file. I am using regular switches for now on the simulator, but is the zip file the lab with all the devices on it? If so, how do I upload it into GNS3 with VirtualBox?

• 3.  RE: PIIX3 Chipset Limit

Posted Nov 06, 2021 12:40 PM
    The Labs are created in EVE-NG, the zip file can be imported into EVE-NG. I dont believe this works in GNS3, you will have to build the labs from scratch in GNS3, I believe. I always use EVE-NG since the first AOS-CX lab I downloaded suggest it, I have stuck with it.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

------------------------------
    Daniel Worden

• 4.  RE: PIIX3 Chipset Limit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 08, 2021 03:34 AM
    Only EVE-NG file has been provided in the lab guides. GNS3 file is not provided.
    That being said, it is just a matter of instantiating the CX nodes in GNS3 and creating the connection between switches with right interfaces...

Vincent Giles