AOS-CX Switch Simulator

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

No VSF in simulator?

This thread has been viewed 41 times
  • 1.  No VSF in simulator?

Posted Apr 30, 2022 10:36 PM
    I plan to stack a couple 6200Fs and I wanted to do a simulated network using GNS3.  The command line doesn't have any VSF options, only VSX.  Documentation and online tutorials do mention VSF on the CX 6200's and I even see a reference in the GUI.  Was this just not included in the simulator?

• 2.  RE: No VSF in simulator?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 01, 2022 04:28 AM
    Please, check the latest Release Notes for AOS_CX Simulator Release - https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.09/RN/rn_ova_10-09-0002.pdf , page 5:

------------------------------
    Ivan Bondar

• 3.  RE: No VSF in simulator?

Posted May 02, 2022 03:15 AM

Hi,

It is not possible to use all the features of OS-CX with an OVA (see release-note) :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feature caveatsThe AOS-CX OVA is a simulation environment and is not designed to be fully feature compatible with AOS-CXrunning on switching hardware in the Aruba 6000 or 8000 series of switches. The following features may beconfigurable in the AOS-CX Simulation environment, but are non-functional:

VSF

CoPP
    Link detection (link is always on)
    Classifier policy
    ECMP
    MAC ACLs
    QoS

ADC (NAE)
    UDLD
    Mirroring
    ERPS
    Firmware upgrade
    DCBx
    PBR
    VXLAN support with L3 VTEPs
    UBT
    VLAN translation
    Watchdog
    PBT
    MAC Lockdown/Lockout
    Captive Portal
    VXLAN support with VSX

The OVA is a virtual switch and unable to determine the link status of interfaces so a simulated status isused. You may need to manually adjust the status of an interface using the shutdown or no shutdowncommands from the CLI to get the desired results.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
    NIDE.