AOS-CX Switch Simulator

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

AOS-CX Virtual 10.07.0010, Max number of ports on the node in Eve-NG Pro

This thread has been viewed 125 times
  • 1.  AOS-CX Virtual 10.07.0010, Max number of ports on the node in Eve-NG Pro

Posted Jul 13, 2021 11:04 PM
    Hello All
    I am running the AOS-CX Virtual 10.07.0010 in Eve-NG 4.0.1-50-PRO. I am curious if anyone knows the max number of ports that can be configure on each individual node. In the older version I was running before (10.06.0110) at the CLI when I tried to go to interface 1/1/21 for example I got the message that it was an invalid interface, or something like that. I think 1/1/9 was the max I could use. So in Eve-NG I could configure 10, 1/1/1-1/1/9 and the management port and everything seemed to work. In the new AOS-CX Virtual 10.07.0010, at the CLI I can go to int 1/1/50 and it works. I think I can go to 1/1/54 before I get the invalid interface message. But If I configure the node with 25 interfaces in Eve-NG and power it on. Passing traffic is hit or miss. So I am thinking that the OVA only has like 9 or 10 interfaces, like the older version, but the OS is configured with more? Anyone know the number? Anyone have any idea if they are planning to increase this down the road?

Thanks for your attention to this.

------------------------------
    Daniel Worden

• 2.  RE: AOS-CX Virtual 10.07.0010, Max number of ports on the node in Eve-NG Pro
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 14, 2021 07:37 AM
    Daniel

The simulator current state is 10 usable interfaces including MGMT. Any update to this will let the community know :-)

Kamal Takodra
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: AOS-CX Virtual 10.07.0010, Max number of ports on the node in Eve-NG Pro

Posted Jul 14, 2021 11:43 AM
    Thank you very much for the reply and the information.

Daniel Worden

• 4.  RE: AOS-CX Virtual 10.07.0010, Max number of ports on the node in Eve-NG Pro

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 21, 2021 08:21 AM
    Yes with release 10.07, there is now 10 interfaces (max on vmware...)

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281

• 5.  RE: AOS-CX Virtual 10.07.0010, Max number of ports on the node in Eve-NG Pro

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 25, 2021 12:53 PM
    Are there any plans to expand this? This makes the CX simulator impractical to use in labs where you want to model an actual network.

Garrett Ivy

• 6.  RE: AOS-CX Virtual 10.07.0010, Max number of ports on the node in Eve-NG Pro

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 25, 2021 02:33 PM
    Hi Garrett,

I think not... (it is not possible on VM simulator to have more interface...)

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281

• 7.  RE: AOS-CX Virtual 10.07.0010, Max number of ports on the node in Eve-NG Pro

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2021 12:51 PM
    I don't believe that is true. Qemu VMs can be deployed with many more interfaces.

Garrett Ivy

• 8.  RE: AOS-CX Virtual 10.07.0010, Max number of ports on the node in Eve-NG Pro

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2021 03:22 AM
    you can add more. I think they will appear in the CLI and in the GUI, but no traffic will be handled by these additional interfaces (ie. even LLDP will not work).

Vincent Giles

• 9.  RE: AOS-CX Virtual 10.07.0010, Max number of ports on the node in Eve-NG Pro

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2021 11:58 AM
    Yes but only the first 10 interfaces will forward traffic.

Garrett Ivy

• 10.  RE: AOS-CX Virtual 10.07.0010, Max number of ports on the node in Eve-NG Pro

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 02, 2021 04:20 AM
    Correct.

Vincent Giles