View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

2530 config backup not possible / software update

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  2530 config backup not possible / software update

Posted Apr 05, 2022 07:06 AM
    Hi,

I have HP 2530 J9775A switches with software version YA.15.16.0005.

Unfortunately I can no longer backup the config - nothing happens when trying to download via the UI.

I have also made several attempts via the commandline but get errors like 'General Error' or 'Translator failed'.

Have read that this can be a memory issue and the firmware should be updated.

Now I wonder...

1. could it happen that a reboot destroys the current config or resets it to an old version, that it may not have been updated properly, because of the problem described above...?

2. can I update directly to the latest software version YA_16_11_0004?
    In the release notes it says at 'J9775A Minimum Supported Software Version: YA.15.10.0003', so do I understand correctly that it is directly updatable from this version?

Please let me know the safest way to proceed.

Best Regards,
    CGS

• 2.  RE: 2530 config backup not possible / software update

Posted Apr 07, 2022 03:55 AM
    Hi,

Can you connect SSH to the device and backup the current configuration by writing display current-configuration ?

To answer question 1. a reboot should not destroy configurations. It could be that your switch ran to a software issue. 

To answer question 2. it seems you can directly update your switch to the newest version by using tftp if your webportal isnt working

copy flash flash secondary

copy tftp flash <ip address> <full filename> primary

if you do not have a tftp server you can download a portable tftp program and run it on your computer.

Thanks,
    Luke

------------------------------
    Luke Bianco
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: 2530 config backup not possible / software update

Posted Apr 10, 2022 10:47 AM
    Hi Luke,

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, the display current-configurationcommand ends in Translator failed., so also this way to backup the configuration seems not to work.

I currently only see the reboot with the hope of not losing the current configuration.

After that I hope that 'normality' is back and that I can backup the configuration and do the software update via WebUI.

Am I on the right way or would you do it differently?

Best Regards,
    CGS