View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

HP switch Product code

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  HP switch Product code

Posted May 17, 2022 05:37 AM
    Hello,

I am yet to understand the difference in the product code of some HP switches, as well as if they are compatible.
    A simple search shows that the HP 5120 16G SI switch has both JE073A and JE073B as its product code.
    Are these products compatible?
    If any, what is the difference between these products?
    Also, if there is  document that describes the above, please point me in the direction.

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Obioma Okoroafor

• 2.  RE: HP switch Product code

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2022 06:24 AM
    Hi Obioma,

JE073A and JE073B are the same product regarding the feature set and capabilities, but they are different in terms of hardware revisions. The last letter ('A' or 'B' in this case) is a revision number. 'A' was the first revision, 'B' was the next. When we speak about compatibility, you need to specify what kind of compatibility you are interested in, but if we speak about IRF and if your question is 'can JE073A and JE073B form IRF stack', then the answer will be 'Yes, different hardware revisions of the same model work fine in the same IRF stack'

Ivan Bondar

• 3.  RE: HP switch Product code

Posted May 17, 2022 07:41 AM
    Hello Ivan_B,
    Thank you for swiftly responding.
    And also for the clarification.
    From your explanation, I have deduced that I can substitute A for B and not have any issues in a production environment.
    Correct me if I am wrong.

Obioma Okoroafor

• 4.  RE: HP switch Product code
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2022 07:45 AM
    Yes, you can remove from your environment an 'A' switch and substitute it with a 'B' switch (and vice versa) without any problems.

Ivan Bondar