Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 5 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

HP-IMC SNMPv3 Different Usernames for Polling and Traps

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  HP-IMC SNMPv3 Different Usernames for Polling and Traps

Posted Feb 15, 2020 09:49 AM

I am trying to manage a device in HP-IMC that uses separate SNMPv3 usernames for polling and traps.  For example, usernames are SNMP_POLL and SNMP_TRAP.  Is there a way to configure HP-IMC to have both of these usernames for management of a single device?  Unfortunately, the usernames of the device are hard-coded so I don't have a way to make them the same.  Appreciate any ideas on how to make this work.

• 2.  RE: HP-IMC SNMPv3 Different Usernames for Polling and Traps

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 24, 2020 06:53 AM

Hello,

iMC requires the same SNMPv3 username for polling and traps on the same device, and there's no option to add multiple users for a single device. Are you sure there's no possibility to change the username on the devices somehow? It's rather unusual to support only hard-coded usernames. I'd suggest checking that with the vendor to see if they provide any such option.

• 3.  RE: HP-IMC SNMPv3 Different Usernames for Polling and Traps

Posted Sep 29, 2022 07:13 AM
    Hi.

Are you sure about this ?
    Access to the switch from SNMP is configured one place and traps another.
    Also the USM users are on the switches and shouldnt the trap SNMPv3 user be on IMC ?

Got any link to documentation for SNMPv3 trap on IMC and different switches ?