Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions

Airwave Restarting service Client Monitor Worker, No data has been processed since two weeks ago

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Airwave Restarting service Client Monitor Worker, No data has been processed since two weeks ago

Posted Apr 28, 2022 10:57 AM
    My airwave has been increasingly diverging from what I see in Mobility Master, and I finally realized over the last two days that it appears to have stopped processing data two weeks ago on the afternoon of April 15. (We are a college campus and so April 15-18 was Easter break, and most students and their devices were off campus by afternoon Apr 15.)

I found the System->Event Log and it shows Type System, Event "Restarting service Client Monitor Worker" messages every 15 seconds or so, punctuated by Type RAPIDS, Event "Warning: No data has been processed since Fri Apr 15 15:50:02 2022"

Sample:
    Thu Apr 28 05:38:44 2022 System System Restarting service Client Monitor Worker
    Thu Apr 28 05:38:28 2022 System System Restarting service Client Monitor Worker
    Thu Apr 28 05:38:13 2022 System System Restarting service Client Monitor Worker
    Thu Apr 28 05:38:05 2022 System RAPIDS Warning: No data has been processed since Fri Apr 15 15:50:02 2022.
    Thu Apr 28 05:37:58 2022 System System Restarting service Client Monitor Worker
    Thu Apr 28 05:37:43 2022 System System Restarting service Client Monitor Worker
    Thu Apr 28 05:37:28 2022 System System Restarting service Client Monitor Worker
    Thu Apr 28 05:37:13 2022 System System Restarting service Client Monitor Worker

System->Status shows everything either "OK" or "Disabled", and the "Additional Log Files" at the bottom don't look interesting. 

When I list all of the APs and look at the "Last contacted" column in the listing, it shows times in the last minute or so. But when I click on random APs in the lst and look at the actual "Last Contacted:" field, the dates/times are in the evening of Apr 15 and early morning of Apr 16. Nothing near current, but still some hours after the Fri Apr 15 15:50:02 2022 time that the log marks as last data processed.

The bottom of the System->Status page has "Restart AMP" and "Reboot System" buttons. Are either of those useful, or worth trying, or dangerous?

I'm still an aruba noob, and can't find much in the way of documentation. Is there something that I should be restarting and how should I do that? Looking at time stamps, I can see that none of the information looks remotely current.

(From the way I understand, Airwave is a monitoring program with history, while Mobility Master shows the current state. According to MM, all of my "up" APs are happily serving clients, and I certainly don't want to disrupt that!)

------------------------------
    Cathy Fasano
    ------------------------------