Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central - MPSK Local

This thread has been viewed 40 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central - MPSK Local

Posted Oct 12, 2020 06:02 PM

I started exploring the MPSK Local option in Aruba Central.

It seems there is a piece missing in the Aruba Central interface.  I thought of a simple use case, setup a single PSK SSID with two PSKs, one would allow local network access and other would allow internet only access.  I have the configuration working but using either PSK the client ends up in the same role.

When exploring the CLI on the IAP, there is an optional <role_name> that can be specified after the PSK.  The Aruba Central UI only asks for the name and PSK.
    AP (MPSK-local "test") # mpsk-local-passphrase TestName TestPSK123 ?
    <cr>
    <role_name> Access Rule

Is there another way to accomplish this, may with a role derivation rule?

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central - MPSK Local

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2020 05:11 AM
    Role derivation for MPSK Local was only recently added with Instant 8.7.1 (see release notes). It has not been added to the GUI in Aruba Central yet, stay tuned for that. You can already use this feature within a template group today.

------------------------------
    Moritz Wuerich
    System Engineer
    Hewlett-Packard GmbH

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central - MPSK Local

Posted Feb 09, 2023 03:09 AM

Hi all,

I have an Aruba Wi-Fi solution with Aruba Central, APs (AP-5xx) and GWs (7210) running version 10.3

I am implementing the MPSK-Local in Central without ClearPass.

I have two issues I can't find the answer of in the documentation:
        - Can I use the MPSK-Local in Tunnel Mode ?
        - What do you set in VLANs>Client VLAN Assignment (Static / Dynamic) ? 
            I would let this parameter empty because I assign vlan using MPSK Local Role

Thank you for your opinion

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central - MPSK Local

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2023 06:16 AM

You responded to an old discussion that uses a different architecture (8.x vs 10.x). Please open a new discussion.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.