Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass in Azure

This thread has been viewed 54 times
  • 1.  ClearPass in Azure

Posted Nov 26, 2021 07:06 AM

Hello Airheards, 

Was wondering if anyone has deployed CPPM in Azure on a live environment and  could share business case or any deployment considerations. 

I am at the moment reviewing these : 

ClearPass 6.10 Installation Guide - Cloud Deployments: Microsoft Azure Cloud Service (arubanetworks.com)

Creating the Azure Custom Storage Account and Virtual Appliance (arubanetworks.com)

But wanted to reach out in case anyone has explored this type of deployment and had any comments. 

Many thanks, 

------------------------------
    DSP

• 2.  RE: ClearPass in Azure
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 26, 2021 11:54 AM
    Yes you can run ClearPass in Azure. You can install ClearPass from the Microsoft Marketplace and buy the required Aruba licences the same way as an on-premise virtual appliance. 

When deploy in production please contact your Aruba Partner to assist you.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 3.  RE: ClearPass in Azure

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 29, 2021 09:43 AM
    In my experience, the type of customers that deploy in Azure is not very active in sharing their experience in public. It's mostly larger customers that strategically move to Azure. Having said that, in general the deployment just works for those cases that I'm aware of, and most customers prior to deploying had their doubts or uncertainties, but in the end, it just works as you run as a VM in your own infrastructure. The few differences specific for Azure deployment are mentioned in the documentation.

As mentioned, if you need to get in touch with another customer, try through your partner or local Aruba Sales team to have them find one.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: ClearPass in Azure

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2021 08:42 AM
    I would say just pay attention to the virtual IP limitation in Azure; it is already mentioned in the link you shared, but I believe this is the most significant difference from on-prem deployment..

Ayman Mukaddam

• 5.  RE: ClearPass in Azure

Posted Feb 14, 2022 01:39 PM
    You can install ClearPass from the Microsoft Marketplace and buy the required Aruba licences the same way as an on-premise virtual appliance.

Mary Houck