Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central - expiring licences for APs and switches

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central - expiring licences for APs and switches

Posted May 05, 2022 01:01 PM
    We have expiring licences for switches (2930M) and AP's in Aruba Central.

We're are trying to match the serial number of the device with the subscription key. Is there a way to extract this information?

The GUI doesn't have the correct fields displayed.

Can the TAC pull a custom report or can we use one of the API's to pull the information for a report.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Stephen Elias

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central - expiring licences for APs and switches

Posted May 05, 2022 02:50 PM
    Hi Stephen,
    I'm not sure you can. Awhile back I needed to know as well because I had to do an auditing across departments and the TAC engineer told me that when it comes to subscriptions or assign licenses, it basically works as a pool. Just like a DHCP server with devices getting IP's dynamically, first come first serve.
    But if there is an option, I would like to know as well. Notice that when you assign licenses the system doesn't ask from which subscription keys to distribute from.

Selomon Kifle

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central - expiring licences for APs and switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2022 07:51 PM
    yes it works as a pool. just add the new subscription licenses and Central will automatically use them after the expiry date of the previous lics.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.