Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Not all wired clients are displaying in central.

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Not all wired clients are displaying in central.

Posted May 03, 2022 01:23 PM
    We have two Aruba 8320's in a vsx stack with 9 MC lags configured.  5 of those lags are connected to a Hyper-Cluster (5 Hyper-V hosts) with roughly 70 VM's running on them.

When i view my switches on central, I see 4 clients connected to the primary switch and 0 connected to the secondary.  I do have a case created with Aruba but I figured I would try here and see if anyone has seen this before?  

This stack is in production and seems to be fine.  I just don't know what I am missing here.

------------------------------
    Brian Moebius

• 2.  RE: Not all wired clients are displaying in central.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2022 07:47 PM
    did you sort this out? i believe you need to enable LLDP for Physical Interfaces properties, something like "Microsoft LLDP Protocol Driver" and "Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch", check the MS doco

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Not all wired clients are displaying in central.

Posted Feb 17, 2023 08:13 AM

Time flies... I haven't had much time to get back to this over the past few months.  Now that we have finally finished a few projects I can get back to this.

LLDP is enabled on our servers and I do see the MAC-Addresses listed in the MAC-Address table on the switch itself.  When I run a show arp command I do not see them.  I wonder if there is a configuration I need to set on the Hyper-V switch to pass the data.