Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

This thread has been viewed 94 times
  • 1.  HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted Jan 15, 2022 08:14 PM
    Dear HPE support,

Your Officeconnect portal cannot be reached by any OC20 devices.
    I have access to 10 x OC20 on 4 different networks using 4 different accounts. All are seeing the same issue

- Orange blinking LED on the OC20
    - Android app states the network is unreachable
    - HPE OfficeConnect Wi-Fi Portal allows login but shows the network as unreachable

The usual reboots etc. don't resolve it.

Whilst this persists, no network monitoring or changes can take place.

Nice one to your Aruba tech that closed ticket 5361403025 because I had to include a serial number to just raise the ticket, and the OC20 I chose is out of warranty. I explicitly explained in my ticket that the problem relates to the PORTAL, not the DEVICE (and I had tried multiple sites and accounts). Now I have to resort to a public forum in the hope an HPE/Aruba tech with some common sense actually reads this and passes the details to the team that supports the portal.

------------------------------
    Gary Drake

• 2.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted Jan 18, 2022 12:57 PM
      |   view attached
    Hello Gary and everyone,
    I'm having the same issues as Gary. +1
    Video footage is attached.
    Looking forward to the support of the Aruba team.

Sertac Topal

• 3.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted Mar 07, 2022 03:48 PM
    I'm having the same issues

mirzatera mirzatera

• 4.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted Jan 18, 2022 12:57 PM

Dear HPE support,

We have exactly the same problem. We have 11 sites with numerous OC20s, but we cannot connect any of the sites. You can see the name of the site and text "has currently no  internet access". 

My colleague tried to call HPE support, but they only wanted serial number for OC20 and those are available in the portal WHICH CANNOT BE ACCESSED. He also tried to explain the same thing as Gary. It's not a DEVICE problem, but a problem in the PORTAL.

Hope someone can help with this.

Timo Kuusinen

IT-Infotec Oy, Finland

Timo Kuusinen

• 5.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted Jan 18, 2022 12:58 PM
    Hello,

I have the same problem on different accounts. I already made a factory reset but no change.

Could HPE support fix this problem? This is not an isolated problem

Kind Regards

Corentin Bouckaert

• 6.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted Jan 18, 2022 12:58 PM
    Hello everyone,
    I am also having the same problem. There are 4 OC20s.
    The same problem has been going on for a few weeks.
    It is an issue that needs to be resolved urgently.

Sertac Topal

• 7.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted Jan 18, 2022 12:59 PM
    Hi Gary,

You are not alone!

I have 3 OC20 networks in 3 locations with multiple of these APs and exactly the same problem.

All 3 networks show as "No internet access" on the portal but continue to function as "normal" on site.

HPE support - What is going on?

Peter Davie

• 8.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted Jan 18, 2022 01:00 PM

Same Here,

reseted devices , same errors

Ben Erez

• 9.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted Jan 18, 2022 03:45 PM
    The problem fixed itself. It is working now.

Sertac Topal

• 10.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted Jan 18, 2022 06:48 PM
    Mine also started working. I last checked it 8 hours ago (6 hours before your reply) and it wasn't working then, so presumably HPE finally realised the web portal had an issue and fixed it (or rebooted).

What a shame HPE just closed my support ticket because the device I logged it under was out of warranty (because, without a serial number, I couldn't raise a ticket). I then had to raise a new ticket using a client's device that had 2 weeks of warranty remaining. HPE then said they would need to "validate' the warranty which required a copy of the invoice, then they would take 48 hours to validate it, then they could investigate the ticket.

I'm still awaiting an update from them. Let's see how long that takes, and whether they even realise the portal problem has been resolved.

Really poor HPE, really poor indeed. You seem to be telling me that, once my devices are out of warranty, you can break your own portal and you won't even look at my ticket when I report that you have an issue at your end. This is the second time in less than a year that you have broken the OC20s. Last time you had to send me a firmware update and a tool to install it. This time, it goes offline again and you seem to have no idea that it's not working. Don't you guys monitor your web services for faults?

Gary Drake

• 11.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted 13 days ago

hey there - the problem is here again. I know that officially there's no support anymore. But I won't throw away all of the installed OC 20 APs just because some HPE portal server has been abandoned without replacement... also there's no official message from HPE on the portal website that this service is no longer active.

• 12.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted 8 days ago

Yes, I confirm the issue is present again and it is impossible to use the app to access or administer any site. Trying to login through the web portal returns a service error (not related to credentials). 

Please fix this asap.

• 13.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 8 days ago

Luca, and others,

This forum is about Aruba products, and it's highly unlikely that the teams behind Office Connect art reading your messages. If you need this to be fixed, please reach out to HPE Office Connect support. Part of the Office Connect products have moved into InstantON, which has a separate forum. Though, the OC20, which I think is what you have, is not part of InstantON, so HPE Office Connect support may be you best contact. Also the OC20 is end-of-support for a while, as far as I know, so your mileage may vary.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 14.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted 8 days ago

Hi Herman, yes thanks I will try (again) reaching out there though tbh I never had any real support or fixes (the time bug is present) in the last 5 years after the OC20 and OC series went "EOL" and all focus went to InstantOn (while the cloud service should be guaranteed or at least local connect/setup which is impossible without this). 

• 15.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted 7 days ago

I dug out the HPE case from a couple of years ago and emailed the tech. To his credit, he forwarded it to a colleague. However, that was Friday and I have heard nothing since.

There's probably a rule that they can't look at it without a case number, even though we are trying to tell them about their system, not a piece of hardware. Once their procedures are met, someone can go and plug the network switch back in...

• 16.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted 4 days ago

I confirm that the portal and app access are working again. For reference the relevant thread on the instanton forum can be found here.

Cheers

• 17.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted 2 days ago

After many emails, phone calls, and a 4-way 30 minute Teams call with an Aruba TAC agent, somebody must have contacted the right person.

Before closing the case, I requested a direct contact in case the same issue reoccurs. The agent was unwilling to do so. However, I think she'll remember the case, so I'll just contact her and her manager and remind her. It's tempting to post her contact details here to allow everyone to get in contact, but that seems a bit rough. I have suggested she subscribe to this thread but doubt that will happen.

I have started the conversations with my clients about moving to newer APs. I have used and recommended HP/HPE/Aruba for years, but the cost of even basic APs make that increasingly difficult in the SMB sector. Incidents like this also make it harder to justify why they should be willing to pay more than various competitors' similar SMB units.

• 18.  RE: HPE Officeconnect - Portal Unreachable by all devices

Posted 2 days ago

Garth, I feel your pain, we're (all) in the same boat. Thanks for the effort - let's hope that someone keeps this thread monitored and if that hardware (I guess it's a small server or something at this point stashed in some god forsaken rack) has issues they will promptly intervene. It's kind of disappointing to know that evidently it has no monitoing or status alarms for the portal service or backend... anyhow I still have around 8 of the OC20s and I hope I can get my clients to hop over to the InstantOn family by next year.

Cheers