Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Whatsapp Call problem with Aruba Controller 7210

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Whatsapp Call problem with Aruba Controller 7210

Posted Jul 10, 2017 02:25 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I am facing an issue with WhatsApp call, after installing Aruba Controller, whenever someone tries to call me it keeps connecting, and the call didn't start. While Viber call is working properly with good Quality. I tried creating policy in the user role and permit Any - Any access and set it at the top to check if it will resolve my issue but it didn't. In Firewall Hits under Monitoring tab, I can see that the users are hitting the policy created.

Did anyone face this issue before, and how it was solved?

Appreciate your support.

• 2.  RE: Whatsapp Call problem with Aruba Controller 7210

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 03:26 AM

Hey, the first part I would check is to confirm your client is actually being assigned the new role, if you check #show user mac XXXX (where XXX is the MAC of the client) this will confirm the client is being given your user role.

I would also check the datapath session (#show datapath session | include XXXX) to see if there is any dropped traffic or the 3 way hand shake on traffic has not occurred correctly.

• 3.  RE: Whatsapp Call problem with Aruba Controller 7210

Posted Jul 10, 2017 03:45 AM

Hi Zalion,

Thanks for your support.

After running the provided command and doing further debugging my problem was solved.

• 4.  RE: Whatsapp Call problem with Aruba Controller 7210

Posted May 24, 2018 03:38 PM

I have the same problem, please tell me how you solve it.

• 5.  RE: Whatsapp Call problem with Aruba Controller 7210

Posted Nov 23, 2018 12:40 AM

HI Hawada, i have the same issue.

i have the same issue.
    i try to call using whatsapp call but i can't hear the other person. I create a policy to permit user any any traffic but the problem still.

how did you fixed your problem?

• 6.  RE: Whatsapp Call problem with Aruba Controller 7210

Posted Nov 23, 2018 02:10 AM

Hi drangel,

have you checked  "Firewall Hits" under Monitor tab to see which policy is being matched.

Then check the sequence of the policies you have configured, it could be matching the default policy; so try moving the newly configured policy to be the first one.

Regards

• 7.  RE: Whatsapp Call problem with Aruba Controller 7210

Posted Aug 01, 2022 01:39 PM
    HI

I am facing an issue with WhatsApp call, after installing Aruba Controller, whenever someone tries to call me it keeps connecting, and the call didn't start.

Regards 
    Talib Toosi