Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Staycast solution with Aruba Instant

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Staycast solution with Aruba Instant

Posted Jun 07, 2019 04:01 AM

Hi everyone.

Have anyone work with sonifi staycast solution?

https://www.sonifi.com/staycast/

I have an hotel with Aruba Instant and Aruba switches and our customer decided to install staycast in the hotel.

Apparently from Wifi Networks perspective is not a big deal. One SSID for Chromecast and  Wifi users keep connecting to their customers SSID network. Staycast server just need one interface into users network and one interface into VLAN for Chromecast SSID. Staycast server assing user chromecast based on a code printer on tv room.

staycast.png

From my understanding Airgroup is not needed here. I just need to allow multicast into customers SSID and all traffic to staycast customers interface.

However, I have tried everything that has occurred to me. I tried disabling multicast and broadcast filters in both network, allowing literally all traffic in both networks, disabling ids , disabling and enabling all kind of airgroups services, using different user devices.. Thing is that sometimes works, sometimes (most of the time) doesn't work.

Have anyone experience whit this solution? Any insight?

Thank you very much.

• 2.  RE: Staycast solution with Aruba Instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 25, 2020 04:21 PM

Disable AirGroup

Enable Client Isolation

- Deny Inter User Bridging

- Deny Intra VLAN Traffic

On "Inter VLAN Traffic Whitelist" Configure the ChromeCast Proxy IP

Setup a Network-based Access Rules for the Wireless config:

Allow Any on server "gateway IP"

Allow Any on server "ChromeCast Proxy IP"

Deny Any to network "guest-network/mask"

Allow Any to all destinations

With these settings you should be able to only see the Gateway and ChromeCast Proxy, but still block all other devices on the network.

It is assumed that you have the ChromeCast Proxy in two networks. All ChromeCasts are connected to a hidden encrypted network that terminates on the ChromeCast proxy, and there is a second IP that is on the same subnet as the Guest WiFi (this is the whitelisted one).

• 3.  RE: Staycast solution with Aruba Instant

Posted May 05, 2022 09:19 PM
    Helo D1EG0

The Client isolation and the rules are configured on both SSID "CAST" and "Guest"

------------------------------
    Cesar Barajas

• 4.  RE: Staycast solution with Aruba Instant

MVP
    Posted Jun 09, 2022 11:53 AM
    We're not running instant APs, but with campus controllers, we had to disable airgroup completely so the controller didn't manipulate the mDNS / Multicast traffic. You also need L2 connectivity between clients and Staycast server. Our setup leverages 2 independent access ports. Are you using an access port or trunk to your APs?

Michael Haring