Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Reboot Cause: Hard Watchdog reset (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50) ? Anyone can explain.

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Reboot Cause: Hard Watchdog reset (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50) ? Anyone can explain.

Posted Jun 18, 2014 03:16 AM

Hi Guys,

Im getting a strange reboots (M3 + 6.3.1.8)

this is what i got in the log:

Reboot Cause: Hard Watchdog reset (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50)

Anyone can say to me what might be the cause?

• 2.  RE: Reboot Cause: Hard Watchdog reset (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50) ? Anyone can explain.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2014 04:13 AM

Is there any syslog id associated with that message?  I can't seem to see anything in the 6.3 Syslog message guide that matches that.

If there is a crash file available on the controller, you should send this to TAC to investigate.  Really, any unexpected reboot should be investigated by the TAC guys.

• 3.  RE: Reboot Cause: Hard Watchdog reset (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50) ? Anyone can explain.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2014 05:54 AM

Crashes do not have a syslog ID, because they are unexpected.  Please open a TAC case.

• 4.  RE: Reboot Cause: Hard Watchdog reset (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50) ? Anyone can explain.

Posted Oct 30, 2014 06:32 AM

We are seeing the exact same error message repeat endlessly after an upgrade of our M3 controllers to v6.4.2.2. 2 of the 4 controllers in the same chassis came up fine, 2 are in this endless reboot loop.

We havv opened a TAC case. We are online with them now and have been for hours. We do not seem to be getting anywhere

If anyone has solved this issue or knows about a solution. Please chime in.

• 5.  RE: Reboot Cause: Hard Watchdog reset (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50) ? Anyone can explain.

Posted Nov 17, 2014 06:28 PM

We are having the same error on our secondary controller in our HA pair. It's been rebooting itself at least once a day with that error. It did it again today and hasn't come back online yet. It's been down for over an hour now. 

We are running 6.3.1.13 on an Aruba6000-US

• 6.  RE: Reboot Cause: Hard Watchdog reset (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50) ? Anyone can explain.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2014 06:29 PM
    That is definitely not a routine occurrence. Please open a TAC case asap.

• 7.  RE: Reboot Cause: Hard Watchdog reset (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50) ? Anyone can explain.

Posted Apr 01, 2015 06:20 AM

Hi,

Can I check with firmware has fixed this issue?

• 8.  RE: Reboot Cause: Hard Watchdog reset (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50) ? Anyone can explain.

Posted Jan 18, 2023 06:43 PM
    I am seeing the exact same issue with Aruba 7010 - running IOS: 8.5.0.9...receive the same error each time and then the WLC reboots, randomly... Reboot Cause: Power Cycle (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50:3)

Suggestions?

• 9.  RE: Reboot Cause: Hard Watchdog reset (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50) ? Anyone can explain.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 26, 2023 11:22 AM
    May be a software issue or hardware issue. Please work with Aruba TAC Support. ArubaOS 8.5.0.9 is old and end of support, You may consider upgrading to a more recent version, if you have active support on the device and access to the firmware downloads.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 10.  RE: Reboot Cause: Hard Watchdog reset (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50) ? Anyone can explain.

Posted Jan 26, 2023 04:07 PM
    This same 7010 WLC was doing the exact same thing on IOS v6.4.4.x-FIPS and ran for years without an issue for testing. The WLC was doing the same reboots constantly (every 3-4 hrs) where I upgraded to it's current code - v8.5.x.x and it's doing the same thing, still.

• 11.  RE: Reboot Cause: Hard Watchdog reset (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50) ? Anyone can explain.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2023 05:38 AM
    If software upgrade doesn't solver the issue, it's likely a hardware issue. Please work with Aruba TAC Support.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 12.  RE: Reboot Cause: Hard Watchdog reset (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50) ? Anyone can explain.

Posted Feb 04, 2023 12:33 PM
    Software upgrade? = No improvement

TAC assistance? = No improvement/solutions provided and no recommendations at this point.

Looking through blogs, AirHeads, etc. this is not a regular occurrence, but it has/does happen on various OS versions. Thus far have not seen any solutions to the issue. From research this issue was first reported/logged online as far back as 2014 with no recommendations other than OS upgrade which has been performed, 3X, with no success.

• 13.  RE: Reboot Cause: Hard Watchdog reset (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50) ? Anyone can explain.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2023 08:30 AM
    The message itself is generic.  The details on why it happens and the remedy needs to be provided by Technical Support and Engineering.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card