Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

S1500 Factory Reset

This thread has been viewed 85 times
  • 1.  S1500 Factory Reset

Posted Jan 09, 2021 05:09 PM
    Hi,

i have reset the user, and want now a factory rest for the S1500
    i try
    (host) (config) #mode-button

(host) (mode-button) #enable factory-default

​
    But get invalid input.

cu

------------------------------
    Gregor Hekro

• 2.  RE: S1500 Factory Reset

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 11, 2021 04:31 AM
    Have you followed the below?

https://community.arubanetworks.com/blogs/shyam-moolayilkalarikkal1/2014/07/02/how-to-reset-the-s1500-mobility-access-switch-mas-to-factory-default

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: S1500 Factory Reset

Posted Feb 01, 2021 06:45 AM
    I try and it works :-)
    I write the command wrong.

Now i want to update the FW and config.
    How i can update the FW, same like the S2500?
    USB Plug in, but how it start?

cu
    Greg

Gregor Hekro

• 4.  RE: S1500 Factory Reset

MVP
    Posted Feb 01, 2021 09:46 AM
    Try following the guide at https://community.arubanetworks.com/blogs/vikramsaruba1/2014/11/12/how-to-upgrade-the-aruba-mobility-access-switch-using-usb-drive-and-cli

Koen V

• 5.  RE: S1500 Factory Reset

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 02, 2021 04:07 AM
    USB is one option, Koen already shared the link. You can also upload the new firmware to the WebUI if you have access to that, or us tftp to pull the firmware from an TFTP server. I personally mostly used the WebUI upload as you don't need to put files on a USB stick.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 6.  RE: S1500 Factory Reset

Posted Feb 06, 2021 06:34 AM
    Thank you, :-)

Is it possible to shutdown the fans when tempeature under 60° C ?
    There are very noisy.

Another question the 48port need lot´s of Power 96Watt i have only 6 Ports with PoE Clients and 24port in use.
    Before i have a 16port switch and 8 port PoE, this need 55Watt.
    The S2500 or 3500 with 48port need less Power ?

cu

Gregor Hekro

• 7.  RE: S1500 Factory Reset

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2021 05:18 AM
    I don't think you can (or should) disable the fans. From what I remember, few minutes after boot the fans will reduce to a level that is acceptable to use in a classroom (that is where I used it for). Compared to other 24/48 port switches, the sound level was very low which was why I picked that switch.

On the power consumption, I think your measurements can be quite realistic. The datasheet specifies 580W total power (AC) with 400W PoE power, so getting to 96W (the 580W is peak) even with a few PoE devices connected sounds reasonable to me. I'll check if I can still find my S1500-48 and see what it draws without PoE devices. Note these switches are quite performant (104Gbps/77 Mpps) so you can't compare them to low-end 8/16 port switches. Also, the switch was already on the pricelist in 2013 (don't have older ones), and network and computer equipment used more power similar to your PC and laptop.

Update: I just connected my S1500-48P to a power meter and it shows around 55W of power consumption when booted up (peaks to 65W during boot) and the fans sound pretty quiet for an enterprise grade switch, though you can hear it in a silent room.

Update2: I would expect the S3500/S2500 to use even more power, given the modular design. I assume you are aware all MAS switches are end-of-sale for some time and reaching end of support by the end of this calendar year?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 8.  RE: S1500 Factory Reset

Posted Jul 27, 2022 04:22 AM
    Hi,
    after long time working i have to reset the 1500.

When i open it in a Browser Firefox,IE;Chrome  i got a Certification error.
    I see only after Login a blue box.
    How i can access in the Browser?

cu

• 9.  RE: S1500 Factory Reset

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 27, 2022 08:41 AM
    The running firmware is probably too old to work properly in modern browsers. You may try if you have like an old Windows 98/XP laptop laying around if that works.

Another approach would be to find a PortableApps of an old Firefox build and see if that works better.

If you have access to the console (SSH, or serial console) you may be able to upgrade the firmware and hope that the latest firmware works better. Note that the S1500 has been end of support for quite some time. I would not recommend running these devices in a critical or production environment unless you understand the risk of running unsupported equipment.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 10.  RE: S1500 Factory Reset

Posted Jan 26, 2023 02:22 PM
    Hi,
    i have a problem with my 1500.
    When i reboot and i want to Login i see only meaningless signs, no words or something.
    I can´t see the finish prompt.
    Something must faulty.
    Can i reinstall the firmware or reload the firmware or something

• 11.  RE: S1500 Factory Reset

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2023 05:36 AM
    If you see garbage on the serial console, it's likely that you have the wrong speed/data/parity/stop settings:
    It's unlikely that broken firmware results in garbage on the CLI, and also you would need the CLI to reinstall the firmware so you would be 'blocked'.
    It may be that you can configure the console speed to different values, and if that happened, you may just try the different speeds (9600/19200/38400/57600/115200) until you see readable text.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 12.  RE: S1500 Factory Reset

Posted Jan 29, 2023 12:53 PM
    Hi Hermann,

yes i try it, but got this:

• 13.  RE: S1500 Factory Reset

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2023 08:49 AM
    Can you try to change the 9600 under Speed (baud) to different settings: 4800/9600/19200/38400/57600/115200 (try one value each time...).
    Also set flow control to None.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------