Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

aruba 303H can't figure how to add to existing velop mesh wifi setup

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  aruba 303H can't figure how to add to existing velop mesh wifi setup

Posted May 17, 2022 12:58 PM

Hi, I have a Linksys 1920 setup in bridge mode so I can use it for whole house VPN. 
    It is connected to a linksys velops that handle my wifi. Works OK but I have issues in some rooms and 
    can't get a signal to my detached garage or outdoor cameras that is stable.
    I purchased 2 aruba 303H APs in the hopes that it would be easy to connect as wifi extenders to push my velop signal
    through a window to the outside world so to speak and if I leave one in the house and one in the garage i'd want it to 
    make the house signal a bit stronger.
    I cannot get it to connect as easy as they say. It keeps wanting to leave the aruba as a separate network SSID. 

I can use  my other SSID but still see the aruba as SETMEUP when I do a network search and when I think I have it connected it says it
    has no internet connection.
    I can see that when I log into it it has a IP address from my router.
    Is there an easy video somewhere I can follow for this? I'm not that network savvy with all these terms and don't really understand 
    DHCP and the like.
    I'd even be happy if I could just use the 2 aruba's without the velops if they would work as i need them to.
    Thanks.

------------------------------
    Blair Rushlow

• 2.  RE: aruba 303H can't figure how to add to existing velop mesh wifi setup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2022 03:53 AM
    you can go through this tech note which is about wireless mesh setup with instant APs.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: aruba 303H can't figure how to add to existing velop mesh wifi setup

Posted May 23, 2022 07:52 AM
    Thanks for the reply ariyap but I don't see any attachment or tech note link that I can follow.
    Am I missing something?

Blair Rushlow

• 4.  RE: aruba 303H can't figure how to add to existing velop mesh wifi setup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2022 10:36 PM
    thanks for pointing it out, here it is.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=13&MessageKey=3f3e4689-4dee-497f-aed5-6e6d5cf995da

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.