Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Disassociated; Auth frame from STA that was already associated

This thread has been viewed 35 times
  • 1.  Disassociated; Auth frame from STA that was already associated

MVP
    Posted Oct 20, 2021 04:28 PM
    Looking for a better understanding what would cause this message? Have seen it multiple times when troubleshooting clients at various campuses of ours and never really identified the root cause for it. 

We're running AP-515's on 8.6.0.9 and 7210 controllers. 

Any insight into others having this same message and what caused it would be helpful to give me an idea of where to look. 

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Michael Haring

AirHeads MVP 2017, 2019-2021

• 2.  RE: Disassociated; Auth frame from STA that was already associated

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 25, 2021 07:27 AM
    Sounds like a client/driver issue to me. Are you seeing it from a specific type of client? Have not seen these messages personally and would recommend working with support if you can reproduce the issues; it seems a few cases were opened but the issue seems intermittent and could not be reproduced, so root cause analysis has been done as far as I can see.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Disassociated; Auth frame from STA that was already associated

MVP
    Posted Apr 29, 2022 10:48 AM
    Hi all,

Circling back to this again, found another site and device type (IV Pump) that is exhibiting this issue. APs are AP-335's and version is 8.6.0.9. I thought I had heard a specific AOS version in 8.7 addressed this with some stability fixes, but I don't recall which version that was. Any updates on if this was identified and fixed?

Thanks!

Michael Haring

• 4.  RE: Disassociated; Auth frame from STA that was already associated

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2022 07:30 AM
    That message is fairly generic in nature.  There would not be a bug necessarily that addresses that "issue".  You should open a technical support case so that other statistics can be used to determine your issue.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.