Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Detection of Rogue AP and Containment

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Detection of Rogue AP and Containment

Posted May 05, 2022 07:22 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi All,

I am testing Rogue AP Containment both Wired and Wireless in a Lab Environment. I am using 8.7.1.5

I see the Rogue-APs on the Mobility Master and No Rogue-APs on MD from the command output show wms rogue-ap list ? Please correct me if i should see rogues-aps on MD also or not?

I configured under Managed networks ---Tasks ---Define Wireless Intrusion policy and applied to the Default group. Enabled both Wired and wireless containment but unable to see Wired & wireless containment? 

Is there any command to verify whether containment is working or not?

------------------------------
    bhanu prasad

• 2.  RE: Detection of Rogue AP and Containment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2022 07:58 PM
    The document here is still relevant today:  https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/HPE/MigratedAssets/PDFRogueAPGuide.pdf

The only difference is that the containment configuration is done in an ap-group.  Containment typically happens when a device attempts to associate to a rogue AP.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.