Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Clients unable to connect to APs

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Clients unable to connect to APs

Posted Sep 29, 2022 11:12 AM

I have 6 Aruba 505 APs, one is set to preferred conductor, clients are able to connect to that AP successfully.

The other 5 APs are outputting the correct SSIDs (employee network and a guest network) but clients cannot successfully connect to those networks when near those APs. And they are not switched when roaming between the APs.

Anyone know what could be causing it?

Some screenshots are attached

• 2.  RE: Clients unable to connect to APs

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 29, 2022 11:34 AM
    Is the VC address the only addresses added to your authentication servers? If not, you can either add the subnet as an an allowed/configured source. Or you can enable dynamic RADIUS proxy on the cluster to proxy the RADIUS requests from the VC address.

I am assuming you are using RADIUS btw ;)

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Clients unable to connect to APs

Posted Oct 04, 2022 04:35 PM
    It turns out that it seems like the Local DHCP Scopes can only be used by the master AP? I had to just use the Default DHCP Scope for both SSIDs, which then allowed clients to connect to any of the 6 APs, I would prefer my 2 SSIDs to be on separate VLANs though. It is handing out 192.168.14.0 addresses to clients on both SSIDs. I put an access rule on each SSID to "Deny any to network 192.168.14.0/255.255.255.0" in order to block traffic between clients.