Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS Per AP Override

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS Per AP Override

Posted Oct 11, 2021 09:11 PM
    Hi,

I want to know how to disable Per-AP-Override on an AP. I cannot remember what I did with that AP and want to revert it back to normal like all members of the group. I even managed to move the AP from group to group but obviously It didn't work.

------------------------------
    Diego Joubert

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS Per AP Override

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2021 09:29 PM
    click on the name of the AP with the override.  A list of profiles will show up below it.  Expand the profiles to see if there is any configuration.  Remove any configurations (the per AP exceptions) to remove the override(s).

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS Per AP Override

Posted Oct 12, 2021 11:46 AM
    I didn't found a way to remove the PER-AP-OVERRIDE.

Workaround: Factory reset the AP manually.

Thanks anyways

Diego Joubert

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS Per AP Override

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2021 11:56 AM
    FYI - the override is tied to the ap-name.  If you name the AP the same thing as before, it will obtain those settings again.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 5.  RE: ArubaOS Per AP Override

Posted May 04, 2022 12:46 PM
    There is an issue here, though.  If the setting is inherited from another profile, the GUI shows the original value for the AP system or wired port profile (this may well be true for other settings) as a blank drop-down box.  It is not possible to reset this.  Even if you select the same value that is being inherited, it still remains as an AP override.

The only way I could remove the override is to use the CLI and delete the config lines.

David Rickard