Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Impact radio and power changes on AP

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Impact radio and power changes on AP

Posted May 17, 2022 12:57 PM
    Goodday,

In our environment I have to limit 5GHz channels to 8 channels because of VoIP, and want to change tx power settings and basic data rates also. What is the impact gonna be on the AP / environment? Will the AP reboot? Or will it adopt to the new situation at 5am because of AirMatch? We are working with MM and are on ArubaOS 8.6.17.

Best regards,
    Chris

------------------------------
    Chris Donkelaar

• 2.  RE: Impact radio and power changes on AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 18, 2022 01:46 PM
    The channel changes will be restricted immediately and the channel plan will be suboptimal, so I would change it during a change Window (close to 5am).  The access points will not reboot, but many access points could be on the same channels initially, which you want to avoid.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card