Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Migrate Aruba 6.4 Mesh to Aruba 8.7

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Migrate Aruba 6.4 Mesh to Aruba 8.7

Posted Apr 20, 2022 11:00 AM
    I am having issues trying to migrate a live mesh (portal and points) from Aruba 6.5* controller to 8.7 controller

Configuration has been mirrored and keys have been confirmed

I have tried to change the lms ip and reprovision them , but only the portal comes over. Tried to migrate the points only but no luck either.

Anyone have any thoughts? 

Really trying to avoid to physically get these access points and put a manual configuration on them.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Migrate Aruba 6.4 Mesh to Aruba 8.7

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 20, 2022 12:17 PM
    I think APs may have issues making such a big jump; and that may be for mesh even more specific. It may work by going through latest 6.5 first, then 8.2 (or 8.3), then to a higher 8.x like 8.7 version. Please work with Aruba support to plan such an upgrade.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Migrate Aruba 6.4 Mesh to Aruba 8.7

Posted Apr 20, 2022 12:51 PM
    woops looks like I made mistake on os version above, I am currently on 6.5.4.21

in the rest of the migration I have not had any issues with aps going from that version to 8.7

This is a mobility master and physical controller deployment

Original Message:
    Sent: Apr 20, 2022 12:17 PM
    Subject: Migrate Aruba 6.4 Mesh to Aruba 8.7

I think APs may have issues making such a big jump; and that may be for mesh even more specific. It may work by going through latest 6.5 first, then 8.2 (or 8.3), then to a higher 8.x like 8.7 version. Please work with Aruba support to plan such an upgrade.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: Migrate Aruba 6.4 Mesh to Aruba 8.7

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 04, 2022 10:54 AM
    Maybe best to work with your Aruba partner or Aruba support to find what is going on here. I'm out of possible options given the available information.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------