Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Hbt Timeout

This thread has been viewed 94 times
  • 1.  Hbt Timeout

Posted Apr 20, 2022 11:42 AM
    I have a ton of Access Points that status is showing as Hbt Timeout and they seem to reboot randomly. They are models 205 and 305. My controllers and conductors are running 8.9.0.3. Any help would be welcomed.

------------------------------
    Matthew Perry

• 2.  RE: Hbt Timeout

Posted Apr 25, 2022 04:18 AM
    Hi Matthew,

I have a similar issue with APs reporting Hbt Timeout. It's not causing a problem no AP reboots. I posted on another discussion board and it appears to be a bug withe 8.9.0.3 but I haven't confirmed that with Aruba TAC.

Cheers
    Fraser

Fraser McKenzie

• 3.  RE: Hbt Timeout

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2022 10:10 AM
    Check the switchports that those access points are connected to and make sure there are no errors.  Is it the same access points with the issue all of the time?  do they all happen on the same switches or location?  Heartbeats are sent by access points every second.  If enough are missed, they attempt to rebootstrap.  In a regular healthy LAN, that shouldn't really happen.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 4.  RE: Hbt Timeout

Posted Jun 20, 2022 09:38 AM
    Hi I am also seeing a similar problem with Hbt timeouts on about 53 out 160 APs. The APs are not rebooting.
    I'm investigating dropped packets on the wifi side. Note:No errors found on the switchports. The APs are spread across several switches.
    The setup is running AOS 8.8.01 on a cluster of two 7205s, managed by MMs.

Racingyacht

• 5.  RE: Hbt Timeout

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 20, 2022 10:15 AM
    When I saw these, and the Ads keep rebooting, was due to the controller not having an appropriate license
    A

• 6.  RE: Hbt Timeout

Posted Feb 29, 2024 01:13 PM

I had to add my AP VLAN to Po1 to stop this from happening. Worked and no issues since.

• 7.  RE: Hbt Timeout

Posted Feb 29, 2024 10:05 PM

Hbt usually occurs when there is a problem with the physical line. 8.9 is no longer supported. It is recommended to upgrade to the latest version 8.10.

If my post was useful, please Accept Solution and Give Kudos.

leo ma

ACMX

• 8.  RE: Hbt Timeout

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 01, 2024 02:41 AM
    Also seen hbt timeouts if there is a licensing issue
    A
    Sent from my iPhone