Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

7205 Mobility Controller HA/Clustering - ArubaOS 8.9

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  7205 Mobility Controller HA/Clustering - ArubaOS 8.9

Posted May 06, 2022 07:30 AM

Hello everyone,

I currently have one 7205 MC at version 8.9 with plans to order another one shortly. Although we don't have a big network (30 APs), we need to add some sort of HA to the network due to the type of industry we are supporting.

From my understanding, the HA (Configuration --> Redundancy) is the legacy method and clustering is the preferred method. After reading some documentation and watching some videos, the HA method looked simple enough. I noticed though on our controller running 8.9 that under Configuration --> Redundancy, it mentions "Conductor Redundancy" instead of "Master Redundancy" as shown in the documentation and videos. Does this mean we would need an Aruba Mobility Conductor to use this feature? Or is just updated wording?

In the ArubaOS 8.9.0 user guide, it mentions that clustering is only supported on the Mobility Conductor.

My question is, can I do any sort of HA or Clustering with just 2 x standalone 7205s?

Thank you very much.

• 2.  RE: 7205 Mobility Controller HA/Clustering - ArubaOS 8.9
    Best Answer

MVP
    Posted May 06, 2022 08:39 AM
    It is just updated wording. Mobility Master is now Mobility Conductor, and a few other verbiage changes came such as blacklist is now denylist, among a few others. It can be inconsistent depending what documentation you are reading.

Clustering requires a Mobility Master/Conductor, which manages your "managed devices" which would be your two 7205s.

• 3.  RE: 7205 Mobility Controller HA/Clustering - ArubaOS 8.9

Posted May 06, 2022 08:12 PM
    Thanks for clearing that up. Just to confirm, I can run two 7205 in HA using the redundancy option?

Thank you

• 4.  RE: 7205 Mobility Controller HA/Clustering - ArubaOS 8.9

MVP
    Posted May 09, 2022 07:48 AM
    Just to be compolete, here is a screenshot of the naming changes.

------------------------------
    Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer
    ------------------------------