Location Services

View Only
last person joined: 6 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

Asset Tracking app, do I need AppMaker?

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Asset Tracking app, do I need AppMaker?

Posted Jun 26, 2019 02:16 PM

Hi experts,

I have a customer interested in the Aruba Asset Tracking solution. Working on this and doing the BoM, I realized that within the "Aruba Meridian Mobile App Platform" item in Iris, I need "Maps" and "Asset Tracking", but do I need AppMaker?

It seems I don't according to the Meridian docs prerequisites and this Arubapedia Tech Note. So do I will have something like this without AppMaker?

tagsapp.PNG

According to the Tag Assets with the Tags App document: Once an Asset Tag has been deployed using the Aruba Tags app, the tagged asset can be tracked on a map using the Aruba Tags app, the Meridian Editor, and the Meridian SDK.

Aruba Tags app is a free app, so can I use the Aruba Tags app not only for provisioning, but also also for tracking and finding my assets on a map, can't I?

And also I can track my assets on the Meridian Editor, which I will have without the AppMaker part number, right?

I have looked for this but the documentation on this is somewhat confusing.

Thanks in advance,

Julián

#LocationServices
    #ArubaSensor
    #Meridian
    #ALE
    #ArubaBeacons
    #ArubaTags

• 2.  RE: Asset Tracking app, do I need AppMaker?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2019 05:40 AM

For sizing and product selection, please use your local Aruba Sales team to make sure that you offer the correct items to your customers.

For Asset Tracking you can also use the Meridian WebSDK as an additional option.

• 3.  RE: Asset Tracking app, do I need AppMaker?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2019 07:01 AM

AppMaker is not required for the Aruba Asset Tags solution. AppMaker is a service to help you build an App for Mobile Engagement (Wayfinding with BluDot, Navigation) that is seperately uploaded to the App Stores.

The Tags application is what you're after and is enabled with the Asset Tracking subscription.