Location Services

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

Beacons and Asset Traking

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Beacons and Asset Traking

Posted Mar 05, 2021 05:28 AM
    Can i use Aruba Beacons for asset tracking?
    I'm planning an asset tracking scenario for a warehouse and i'm trying to reduce the number of APB and use some Aruba Beacons instead of APB.
    Aruba Beacons are only for location aware and blue dot?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Helder Gomes

• 2.  RE: Beacons and Asset Traking

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2021 08:34 AM
    For both asset tracking and blue dot you need beacons and you need observers.

In blue-dot, you have the beacons which can be battery or USB or AP integrated, and the end-user device is the observer (receiving the beacons).
    For asset tracking, the asset tag is the beacon, and the AP integrated BLE radios are the observers and communicate the observed beacons to the Merdian cloud.

Battery beacons are as the name tells not observers, and they don't have the 'backhaul' that the APs have to communicate to the cloud. They just transmit and that allows for long battery life.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.