Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Not able to connect. Error code 8949

This thread has been viewed 51 times
  • 1.  Not able to connect. Error code 8949

Posted Nov 01, 2019 06:41 AM

I'm using the Virtual Intranet Access application to connect (v. 3.0.0.0.87840) on Windows 10 and keep getting error code 8949. I can download my profile without any issues. This only happens on my work network and works fine on my home network. 

Logs says: "Failed to establish secure connection". and "Remote server connection....Disconnected".  

I have tried to reinstall app and recreating my profile. 

• 2.  RE: Not able to connect. Error code 8949

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 08:33 AM

Check your IPSEC PSK configuration. Having multiple PSKs for 0.0.0.0 can cause this type of error.

• 3.  RE: Not able to connect. Error code 8949

Posted May 17, 2022 06:33 AM
    Hi,
    I have this issue too, did you solve it and could you please let me know how have you fixed it?

------------------------------
    Esmail Ayobinia

• 4.  RE: Not able to connect. Error code 8949

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 20, 2022 10:53 AM
    If the suggestion to which you responded does not work, I would recommend to reach out to Aruba Support to get your error investigated and resolved. Does not look like a generic issue with generic fix.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Not able to connect. Error code 8949

Posted May 22, 2022 02:38 PM
    Hi,
    Thank you for your replies.
    Changing the VIA server certificate from default to aruba_default solved the issue. 

Esmail Ayobinia

• 6.  RE: Not able to connect. Error code 8949

Posted Jan 02, 2024 10:04 AM

What version code is your Gateway running @esmailayobinia?  Where specifically is this menu option?