Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba switch 1930 instant vlan problem

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  Aruba switch 1930 instant vlan problem

Posted Jan 31, 2022 02:32 PM
    Hello,

i have a problem in configuring vlans on aruba switches. However, configuration in cisco switches in same network is okay. I think the problem is with the instant on cloud

when i first onboarded my aruba devices to the network (two switches and two access points) i have chosen to deploy them using the aruba instant on portal and everything went okay with vlans. However, later on i decided to offboard the switches and configure them using the local management web since it has more features. But unfortunately some vlans not working anymore except for default vlan 1

what is the solution for this problem?

------------------------------
    Aziz Qa

• 2.  RE: Aruba switch 1930 instant vlan problem

Posted Apr 01, 2022 05:26 AM
    First, you don't need a "trunk." An HPE/Aruba "trunk" is an aggregate of two or more ports that act like a single port. Remove all references to anything "trunk" in your config.

Next, follow the simple rule: Any two switches connected together by a wire should have each of those ports configured the same. You don't have to make the port a
    "accesss" or "trunk" like in a Cisco. A port is a port. In your case, in the definition for each vlan you want to pass, simply tag the port.

mymilestonecard.com

Layne Gibson

• 3.  RE: Aruba switch 1930 instant vlan problem

Posted Apr 27, 2022 02:53 PM
    IMHO it should (my take: since the Aruba 1930 is declared to support ACL then that would imply that VLAN IP interfaces can be created in order to apply ACL against them, isn't it?). To be honest QuickSpecs document isn't enough explicit about that though (generically the QuickSpecs document reports Layer 2+ and some Layer 3 Advanced featutes as supported by Aruba 1930 Switch series). Maybe I'm wrong, maybe not...I don't own an Aruba 1930 to test.

My CC Pay

Charles Fisher